This anthology will be a collection of essays written by regular people about a memorable sofa they’ve slept on. Simple as that; happy, sad, silly, or moving, she wants to hear from you (amateur writers are encouraged to submit)!!!
Looking for writers of all genders, generations, ethnicities, and religions to share your story!
This anthology proposes to gather writings about sofas you’ve slept on and what brought you to them, simple as that; happy, sad, silly, or moving. These personal narratives should be written in first-person and be family friendly; PG ratings please. Submissions from writers of all levels of experience are welcome and will be read. Finally, one sofa per essay please.
1. Essays must be an original story (unpublished)
2. Essays must be 2,000 words or less
3. A captivating writing style and story
1. Essays can be submitted electronically or by way of the United States Postal Service
2. Include the complete story with a one paragraph synopsis that succinctly conveys the plot
3. Essay’s sent USPS must be typed, double-spaced, with 12pt font, and page numbered
4. Submissions must be postmarked or dated electronically by February 20, 2012
5. Submissions must be clearly marked “Sofas I’ve Slept On” in the email subject line or on the envelope
6. Submissions MUST include complete contact information including: full name, address, phone number, email, and any publishing history (if any) such as previous publications, award, and quotes from other authors or reviews
7. Multiple entries are welcome
Sofas I’ve Slept On
PO Box 131644
Roseville, MN 55113
Essays will not be returned
Essays will not be published without the writers consent
Writers will be credited for their specific work
There is NO FEE to submit
Compensation for published submissions is yet to be determined
Anne Tammel – Organizer, OC Writers: Poets and Dreamers